If you are in need of services:

You will need to schedule an intake with the office of the county you reside in. Information of the counties and offices can be found under the LOCATIONS tab.

What you will need to bring with you for intake:
  • State Issued Picture I.D.

  • Proof of Household Income

  • Social Security Card

  • Insurance Cards

  • Proof of Residence

  • For Individuals Under the Age of 18

    • Birth Certificate​

    • Proof of Guardianship/Custody Papers

  • List of Current Medications

  • For Individuals Coming from Inpatient Facilities

    • Proof of Discharge from Previous Facility​

How much will intake cost?

The intake fee is determined based on source of income and applicable insurance coverage. When contacting the appropriate county office to schedule intake, the intake fee will discussed at that time. Payment is expected at the time of service.

Files for Our Current Sliding Fee Scales
The Commitment Process in Mississippi:

Before filing an affidavit for commitment to a state hospital, we strongly encourage you to contact Community Counseling Services to learn about services, supports, and alternatives to the commitment process such as Mobile Crisis Response Teams, Crisis Stabilization Beds, and more. You can reach out to any of our outpatient offices and a member of our team will be available to help.


The process for both civil commitment and alcohol and drug commitment begins with filing an affidavit for civil commitment in the chancery clerk’s office where the person resides or is currently located. While you may pay a filing fee of up to $150, no attorney is required for this process. Click the links below to view a downloadable PDF that will guide you through the commitment process. 

More Information Regarding Commitment in Mississippi:

Guide to the Civil Commitment Process in Mississippi:

Guide to the Alcohol and Drug Commitment Process in Mississippi: